<IMAGE OF GRINDING OR STUMP>The process of <link to stump> stump removal in Albany, NY can be really involved, requiring appropriate research and subsequent know-how about all of the removal technique options that are available to you within our beautiful Upstate New York and the Greater Capital Region. There are ten main methods for stump landscape use or removal.
Two of these methods are a lot less invasive than the other eight, and have absolutely nothing to do with the removal of the stump in question. (1) Some people decide to just cut the stump flush to the ground, allowing their lawn mower access to the area without damaging the blades. (2) Another possibility is to use the stump as a birdfeeder or garden seat.
Common Methods for Stump Removal in Albany, NY
- Burning. As you may already have realized, stumps are concentrated with a lot of mass, unless rotted through already. Even so, burning is still a viable method of stump removal, but the completion will take longer. This method is also a lot less invasive for your property, as opposed to outright removal using heavy machinery.
- Degradation or decay accelerates. Chemicals are used to accelerate the natural decay of the tree stump. Many choose to bypass this method for fear of possible soil contamination or bacteria and mineral alteration.
- Trenching with soil saws. Soil saws are an amazing invention in that they provide direct access to the thick spread of underground tree roots in order to cut them from the stump.
- Soft excavation. This less invasive extraction helper uses high water or air pressure to get around and under the stump and its root spread by pushing away soil and small rocks. This provides an easy way to access and then cut the roots away from the problem stump.
- Blasting it out. Using the blasting method for stump removal is usually restricted for large stumps that have failed to be extracted by all other means possible. This method of stump removal, though, is actually less damaging to the surrounding landscape than using heavy machinery to push or pull the stump out of the ground.
- Digging it up. This stump removal method can be very strenuous if attempted purely by brute strength. Another method to seriously consider, instead, is to use heavy machinery, such as a back hoe or loader, to do the hard work for you.
- Pushing/Pulling it out. Pushing or pulling out a stump that is becoming an obvious eye-sore on your residential or commercial property, is one of the most invasive methods of stump removal.
The Easiest Method for Stump Removal
- Grinding and chipping. Grinding down a stump can be done by hand using a specific grinding tool, or it can be done with a professional-grade machine. If a stump has been extracted by another method, a chipper does wonders by creating a natural means for you to provide your other foliage with a nice layer of mulch. Stumps can be ground down to 4 to 12 inches below the lawn surface. Grinding a stump is the most effective method available—it’s cleaner, less invasive, less effort and takes less time.
Consider hiring On A Limb Tree Care, Inc., for your professional <link stump> stump grinding services. You will save you and your family the use of precious time and unexpected expenses in case something does not go as planned. On A Limb Tree Care uses a powerful, professional-grade grinder to grind your stump down below your lawns surface.
On A Limb Tree Care offer three levels of service:
- Bronze Level – Grind the stump down below the lawn surface and will leave the mound of grindings, which makes a marvelous mulch.
- Silver Level – Bronze service, plus will remove just enough mulch to leave your ground level
- Gold Level – Silver service, plus will remove all of the mulch, add topsoil and reseed the area with grass seed
You will be more than pleased with the overall performance and prices for stump removal and anything else you may need done to make your residential, commercial, or municipal property stand out from the crowd. Request a free estimate today!